In Partnership with General Mills, Sunny Fresh, Kraft Heinz & Rich’s
Scratch recipes can be a great way to add unique items to your menu and get students excited for a new day in the lunchroom! Making some of your own options also allows you more control over nutritional ingredients, allergens, kids’ preferences, cost effectiveness and supply constraints. However, with today’s labor shortages, supply chain issues and razor-thin margins, scratch recipes don’t fit within the reality some operators – including schools – are facing. It’s worth also examining premade choices that bring the wholesomeness, taste and quality of scratch with more simplicity and ease.
Here are some great scratch recipes and premade ideas for your lunchroom!
Chipotle Cheddar Breakfast Pizza
- 1 Whole grain, precooked sheet pan sized pizza crust
- 60 oz Sunny Fresh® Precooked Scrambled Eggs
- 30 oz Cheddar cheese sauce
- 2 oz Hot sauce
- 30 oz Shredded mozzarella cheese
Blend cheese sauce and chipotle sauce. Place precooked pizza crust on sheet pan. Top with blended cheese sauce and precooked scrambled egg and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake in 350°F oven until temperature guidelines are met (approximately 15-20 minutes).
Macaroni & Cheese (Gluten-Free Sauce)
Recipe Yield: 64 Servings
Serving Size: 1 cup*
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 10 lb Whole Wheat Macaroni Noodles or Gluten-Free Noodles
- Cheese Sauce:
- 1 c Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 gal Skim Milk
- 4 lb KRAFT American Cheese Slices
- 3 lb Cheddar Cheese
- 3 lb PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Cook noodles until al dente (not soft). It is best to cook every 5 lb in own pan.
- While noodles are cooking, mix cheese sauce ingredients in separate pot to heat/melt.
- Drain and place 5 lb noodles into a sprayed 4” pan.
- Once cheese sauce is melted, measure 16 c of sauce into each pan, onto 5 lb of noodles. Mix well. You may have 1-2 c of sauce left that you can add as needed.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes. Check temperature and ensure it is 165°F or higher.
*Serving Size: 32 – 1 cup servings per pan of 5 lb of noodles. (# 8 = ½ cup / 1 cup will be 2 - # 8 scoops)
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
CALORIES: 279 TOTAL FAT: 15.7g SATURATED FAT: 9.3g TRANS FAT: 0.3g CHOLESTEROL: 46mg SODIUM: 297mg CARBOHYDRATES: 23g FIBER: 2g SUGAR: 4g PROTEIN: 13g
- UBR® Nut-Free Cinnamon Ultimate Breakfast Round – Individually Wrapped (992478 – 126/2.2 oz)
- Pillsbury™ Individually Wrapped Frozen Options
- Mini Bagels Strawberry Creamy Cheese (964000 – 72/2.43 oz)
- Cheesy Pull Aparts Italian Cheeses & Garlic (359266 – 72/3.88 oz)
- Cheesy Pull Aparts Southwest Queso Flavored (985345 – 72/3.88 oz)