This Month's Ingredient:
Hot Smoked Recipe Redi Flaked Salmon
(954990 - 8/1 lb)
Mix up the menu by adding salmon to your inventory. These restaurant recipes barely scratch the surface of possibilities with this item. Trident's hot smoked Redi Flaked Salmon is a traditional hot smoked, pre-flaked salmon. It is fully cooked, flaked, skinless, boneless and vacuum-packed.
Smoked Salmon Crostini Appetizer
- 5 each - La Brea French Baguette (989700), slices, toasted
- As needed - Dill Cream Cheese (see recipe)
- 2-1/2 oz - Trident Hot Smoked Recipe Redi Flaked Salmon (954990)
- As needed - Capital City Cucumber (360460), thin sliced
- 1 oz - Wholesale Tasti-Lee® Tomato (362045), small diced
- 2 tsp - Roland Capers (601151)
PREP | Spread Dill Cream Cheese on top of sliced, toasted baguette pieces and top with remaining ingredients.
Dill Cream Cheese
Yield | 8
- 1 lb - Cream Cheese (903710)
- 1 Tbsp - McCormick Dill Weed (472301)
- 1 Tbsp - Paris Brothers Cervasi® Lemon Juice (733120)
- To taste - Salt
- To taste - Pepper
PREP | Blend all ingredients together.
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 2-1/2 oz - Lettuce Blend
- 3 oz - Trident Hot Smoked Recipe Redi Flaked Salmon (954990)
- 1 oz - Norpac Flav-R-Pac® Premium Extra Fine Green Beans (961740), quick blanched
- 1/4 cup - Wholesale Tasti-Lee® Tomato (362045), diced
- 1/4 cup - Capital City Cucumber (360460), diced
- 1 each - Wholesale Lemon (376111), wedge
PREP | Build salad starting with lettuce blend. Serve with Dill Sauce.
Yield | 12
- 1 cup - Ventura Classic Gourmet® Extra Heavy Mayonnaise (631390)
- 1 cup - Kemps Sour Cream (900540)
- 1 cup - Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt (905580)
- 2 Tbsp - Paris Brothers Cervasi® Lemon Juice (733120)
- 1 Tbsp - Wholesale Lemon (376111), zest
- 2 Tbsp - McCormick Dill Weed (472301)
- 1/4 cup - C.H. Robinson Green Onions (361010), finely diced
- 1 cup - Capital City Cucumber (360460), finely diced
PREP | Mix all ingredients together.
Smoked Salmon Quesadilla & Taco Plate
- 3 oz - Trident Hot Smoked Recipe Redi Flaked Salmon (954990), warmed
- 1 each - Catallia Pressed Flour Tortilla – 10 in (949980)
- 1 each - Catallia Pressed Flour Tortilla – 6 in (949950)
- 3 oz - Bush’s Best Black Beans (601010), drained, rinsed
- 3 oz - Wholesale Tasti-Lee® Tomato (362045), diced
- 1 oz - Shullsburg Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese (903025)
- As needed - C.H. Robinson Cilantro (360490), diced
Quesadilla | On one half of 10 inch tortilla, place 2 ounces salmon, 2 ounces black beans, 2 ounces tomato and cheese. Fold in half. Grill on a flat top or in a large pan until browned on both sides. Cut into thirds.
Taco | Place remaining salmon, black beans and tomato into 6 inch tortilla. Add cilantro. Serve with Avocado Lime Sour Cream (see recipe) and Norpac Flav-R-Pac® Ancient Grains Southwest Quinoa Blend.
Avocado Lime Sour Cream
- 2 each - Wholesale Avocado (375060), slices
- 2 oz - Kemps Sour Cream (900540)
- 2 each - Wholesale Lime (376212), wedges
PREP | Mash avocado and mix with sour cream. Add juice from one lime wedge.