Sweet potatoes continue to be a trend, with more and more establishments menuing them and manufacturers coming up with new and innovative ways to incorporate them.
- Vitamin A: Boosts immune system and promotes bone growth, reproduction and healthy eyes/skin.
- Vitamin C: Promotes bone/tooth/blood cell formation, protects the body against toxins and damage to cells and promotes wound healing.
- Good source of fiber
- Fat-free and cholesterol-free
- Multiple methods of preparation, including boiled, steamed, grilled, baked, pureed and roasted.
- Add flavor to vegetable blends, soups/stews and casseroles.
- Add color to enhance plate presentation.
- Baked sweet potato
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Sweet potato fries
- Roasted sweet potatoes
- Puree sweet potatoes to use as a base for a recipe.
- Get creative with add-in ingredients to create a sweet recipe in your menu creating.